What Auto Insurance Do I Need?

Many unique needs. One Price & Ramey.

We all know that you need some form of car insurance to drive in the U.S., though it can vary by state. Most importantly, you probably want more than the legal minimum coverage to ensure you are fully protected while on the road. So let’s run through a quick crash course on all things auto insurance. 

There are a few kinds of auto insurance for special needs, including motorcycle, commercial auto, antique car, recreational vehicle, boat/yacht, jet ski insurance, and so on. Talk with your agent about each vehicle you own in detail, its specifications, and how you use it to be sure you have the correct policies. 

There are a few types of coverage your policy can include. 

Liability Coverage: In the case of an accident, this is the core piece of your policy that will cover any damage to others or their property that you have caused. This is what you legally need to have in most states in order to drive but contact your agent directly for details. 

Collision Coverage: Collision coverage applies to losses resulting from your car colliding with another car, or another object like a tree. This coverage can help cover expensive repairs or medical bills resulting from an accident.

Comprehensive Coverage: Not all damage to your car happens on the road. Weather can damage your car in the form of hail or fallen trees. Fire and theft are other forms of loss that comprehensive coverage can protect you from.

Roadside Assistance Coverage: If your car breaks down or blows a tire while you’re traveling, getting towed to a safe spot can be expensive. Roadside assistance coverage can prevent you from having to pay those expenses out of pocket.

Medical Payments Coverage: Medical bills resulting from auto accidents can become astronomically expensive. That’s why medical payments coverage is a critical part of any auto policy. It can help cover medical expenses for you and your passengers.

In addition to different types of coverage in your policy, there are also various limits to that coverage. Each individual auto insurance policy places monetary limits on each type of coverage that it provides. It’s important to understand these limits so you can be sure to get a policy that fully covers your needs.

Bodily Injury Coverage: This coverage will help pay for any medical bills that may result from an accident that you’re responsible for.

Property Damage Liability Coverage: This coverage will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing someone’s property that you damage, whether it’s their car, mailbox, or anything else.

Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Liability: If you’re in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, this type of coverage will help cover medical bills resulting from any injuries.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: This coverage will help pay for damage to your car and other property in case you’re in an accident caused by another driver.

Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Liability: Even if you’re in an accident with an insured driver, their insurance may not be enough to fully cover your full medical expenses. UIMBI can help fill the gap.

Accidents happen every day, all around the country. You never know when something may happen, so it is incredibly important to be prepared. From minor scrapes to mounting medical bills, make sure your policy keeps the financial burdens away. 

Want to review your auto policy? A trusted agent at Price & Ramey Insurance Group can review your coverage, answer your questions, and provide a quote from one of our top-of-the-line carriers to create a customized policy that fits your unique needs. Give us a call today!