16 Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent
Many unique needs. One Price & Ramey.
Understanding your insurance is so important–you never want to find out you don’t have the right coverage only after an incident occurs. Make sure you have the coverage you need and make adjustments if you need to. No matter how long you have had your policy, give your agent a call today and ask a few questions.
- What type of policy do I have and what exactly is covered?
- Do I have enough coverage?
- Are there exclusions in my policy?
- What is my deductible? Could I save money by taking a higher deductible and lowering your premium?
- Is there a type of coverage I don’t have that someone like me should?
- Are there any discounts that may apply to me?
- Do any of my recent life changes affect my insurance coverage (i.e. marriage, children, moving homes, a promotion at work?)
- What life insurance options does your agency provide?
Having an agent whose opinion you trust is critical. In the ever-expanding technology bubble, being able to work with someone in your area who you have faith in cannot be undervalued. Reaching out to your local independent agent is one way to overcome this. An independent agent represents dozens, sometimes hundreds, of insurance carriers, which means they really are working for you the client. This agent can not only answer your questions but also provide quotes from the best carriers that fit your needs.
If your current agent can’t answer the above questions to your satisfaction, it may be time to look for a new agent. If you are starting over, take a look at these questions perfect for that first phone call.
- Bring a list of your current policies, and ask them to compare coverage and price
- How many carriers can you offer me?
- How long have you been an agent?
- What licenses does your agency hold? Can I bring all of my coverage to you including my home, auto, life, health, and business needs?
- Looking at my existing coverage, am I underinsured or overinsured in any areas?
- In the event of a claim, would I be working with you or the carrier?
- What level of customer service and communication can I expect from this agency?
- What do your other customers say about working with you?
No matter what stage you are in with your agent, being able to have open and honest conversations will always ensure you have the best coverage for your needs. Lean on the experts handling your policy and make sure you understand what you are paying for.
Your agent works for you, make sure they are living up to that role.
Looking for a new agent? Your friends at Price & Ramey are always available to assist you. Give us a call!